Barwon Health Scope of works included:
Replacement of all halogen globes and fittings with LED globes and fittings.
- University Hospital Geelong 273-322 Ryrie Street Geelong – 1000 globes & fittings
- Mckellar Centre 45-95 Ballarat Road Geelong North – 1000 globes & fittings
- Alan David Lodge – 382 Torquay Road Grovedale – 210 globes & fittings
- Kitchener House – 287-299 Ryrie Street Geelong – 171 globes & fittings
Total replacement fittings 2381
QA Electrical Solution
QA Electrical successfully project managed internal and external resources to upgrade 2381 Halogen globes and fittings to energy efficient LED lighting across 4 major sites.
- All work was to be completed during normal business hours to reduce the overall costs.
- Safety was a key consideration working in infectious areas, around patients, staff and visitors
- QA Electrical worked closely with Barwon Health Managers and employees to ensure that day to operations was not affected.
- From an environment perspective all down lights were recycled.
Key Outcomes & Results
The project was completed within the required timeframes. The overall cost Barwon Health were reduced by completing the scope of works during normal business hours.
The new lighting provided increased lux readings resulting in a brighter look for each store.
There were zero incidents.
QA Electrical’s competitive advantage included having the experienced resources to install the project and partners to deliver the quality materials at a reasonable cost and manage the VEET scheme. Project Management capability to deliver a project of this size within the specified timeframe.