Epworth Hospital, Geelong
Provide a turnkey solution for the installation of external lighting, Wi-Fi, CCTV security systems and power outlets along the new footpath linking the Epworth Hospital to Deakin University.
QA Electrical Solution
Install electrical, lighting, security and communications infrastructure for the Epworth Link that included:
- Installation of lighting, CCTV security cameras and Wi-Fi access points along the path.
- Supply and installation of all electrical and communications conduits, external switchboards and data cabinets.
- Supply and installation of all electrical cabling including sub mains, fibre optic cable (install, terminate and commission) and Ethernet (Cat 6) underground cabling.
- Civil works including open trenching, underground boring, non-destructive digging and light pole drilling.
- Supply and installation of poles to footing standard.
- Reinstatements including road pavement and trench to test standard.
Key outcomes and results
The Epworth – Deakin University pathway now has external Wi-Fi allowing internet access in the open space, power outlets built into the seating for laptop and mobile device recharging, CCTV for security of all users, and decorative pathway lighting.
QA Electrical completed the project with no impact on normal operations of the university, requiring some after-hours works when necessary.
QA Electrical provided a multi-disciplined team of Geelong commercial electricians and subcontractors, providing one point of contact for the client. Our integrated approach to project management incorporated all civil works, data installation, Wi-Fi networks, outdoor lighting, power supply and CCTV security systems.