Olympic Park, Melbourne.
The new community facility at Olympic Park provides access to elite training facilities and caters for a range of new events and programs. QA Electrical were engaged to supply, install and manage the electrical requirements of the project, with a focus on new technology and energy efficient solutions.
QA Electrical solution
- Full electrical project planning and management including auditing, scope of works, safety measures, client management, and project sign off.Full project resourcing with an experienced team of Melbourne commercial electricians.
- Design, supply and installation of:All electrical components.An integrated data and communications system including Wi-Fi network.An internet protocol (IP) CCTV security system.An energy efficient lighting system including dimming and blind controls, passive infrared detectors (PIRs), photoelectric (PE) cells and time clocks for the turning on and off lights as needed.
Key outcomes and results
- Project completion on time and budget.
- Greater efficiency and cost savings for client, by using one contractor.
- The project was a finalist for a 2016 NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association) Award in the $1M -$8M category.
By using a single contractor for all electrical, data and security works, the client not only had one point of contact but also received cost savings achieved through efficiencies in the planning and completion of the project works.